weight per 1 meter of an item when I know the weight of say 854mm of the item.

PJ134

Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I hope the question is in the right place.
I guess what I'm after is a fairly simple formula, but right now I cannot find it. Perhaps I've been asking the question wrongly or something.
Basically I want to find the weight per 1 meter of an item when I know the weight of say 854mm of the item.
Once I know the weight of each item per 1 meter I can work the weight of any length of said item.
I have many items of random lengths that I can weigh so a formula would be very helpful.
Many thanks.

Hi everyone,
I guess what I'm after is a fairly simple formula, but right now I cannot find it. Perhaps I've been asking the question wrongly or something.
Basically I want to find the weight per 1 meter of an item when I know the weight of say 854mm of the item.
Once I know the weight of each item per 1 meter I can work the weight of any length of said item.
I have many items of random lengths that I can weigh so a formula would be very helpful.
Many thanks.

Unit Conversions

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{x\;gm}{854\;mm}\cdot\dfrac{1000\;mm}{1\;m}\)

Of course, the length alone may not be sufficient information. Other material dimensions must not be jumping around.

Hi everyone,
Many thanks.

There are several ways you can approach a problem of this sort, so I'll suggest another.

To find grams per meter, you divide the number of grams by the number of meters.

Assuming you have the weight in grams (or in whatever unit you wish to use), you just need to convert 854 mm to meters. If you are familiar with the metric system, that should be easy: it's 0.854 m. So divide the weight by that.