Weighted Avg % Change

joshuacox

Hi All,
I'm trying to determine how to calculate a weighted average % change, so I can derive which components are driving the overall trend change. My tableau report has correctly calculated the overall % change as (4.4%). However, when I try to create a weighted % change calculation to replicate this, I arrive at (5.0%). As both Part A and Part B are roughly half of the overall unit share, I know Part B is contributing more to the overall decline than Part A, but I want to be able to quantify this. However, in order to do this, I need to arrive at the correct weighted average calculation. Any help is much appreciated! Am attaching a snapshot of the file with the correct % change and calculated % changes highlighted in yellow.
Cheers,
Josh

Attachments

• Weighted Avg % Chg Calc.PNG
    Weighted Avg % Chg Calc.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi All,
I'm trying to determine how to calculate a weighted average % change, so I can derive which components are driving the overall trend change. My tableau report has correctly calculated the overall % change as (4.4%). However, when I try to create a weighted % change calculation to replicate this, I arrive at (5.0%). As both Part A and Part B are roughly half of the overall unit share, I know Part B is contributing more to the overall decline than Part A, but I want to be able to quantify this. However, in order to do this, I need to arrive at the correct weighted average calculation. Any help is much appreciated! Am attaching a snapshot of the file with the correct % change and calculated % changes highlighted in yellow.
Cheers,
Josh
I cannot figure out how either change is calculated. Nor do I understand which values are used for weighting. Can you show exact formulae you are using?