What do I need to know?

palangi

Okay, a little background. I thought I was pretty cool when I tested into calculus when I only completed geometry, uh, 15 years ago. I realized that I really shouldn't have and spent 2 weeks cramming Algebra 2 into my head, but I'm finding that without guidance I am not understanding what is important. I'm now 3 weeks into the class and although I understand the concepts that I am being taught, I feel like a mechanic trying to repair a car without the proper tools. The things that really screw me up are: e, ln, cos, sin, tan, cos, etc.

I understand that the cos, sin, etc are trigonometric in nature, but I guess I'm not getting the idea of why this is so important or how it pertains. I have tried watching youtube videos, searching math sites, and I understand that there is a unit circle that what exactly? Assigns values to these?

I guess what I'm looking for right now is help on what I need to know and how to find that information. Sites? A place where I can find worksheets so that I can beat this stuff into my head?

Any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

palangi said:
Okay, a little background. I thought I was pretty cool when I tested into calculus when I only completed geometry, uh, 15 years ago. I realized that I really shouldn't have and spent 2 weeks cramming Algebra 2 into my head, but I'm finding that without guidance I am not understanding what is important. I'm now 3 weeks into the class and although I understand the concepts that I am being taught, I feel like a mechanic trying to repair a car without the proper tools. The things that really screw me up are: e, ln, cos, sin, tan, cos, etc.

I understand that the cos, sin, etc are trigonometric in nature, but I guess I'm not getting the idea of why this is so important or how it pertains. I have tried watching youtube videos, searching math sites, and I understand that there is a unit circle that what exactly? Assigns values to these?

I guess what I'm looking for right now is help on what I need to know and how to find that information. Sites? A place where I can find worksheets so that I can beat this stuff into my head?

Any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Try this website:

http://www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serve.c ... stion_hide