What does it mean by solution on this problem

Perhaps you seek the equation of a circle centered at (-1,2) and passing through the Origin?

You should be able to write this down about as fast as you can write the problem. \(\displaystyle (x+1)^{2} + (y-2)^{2} = 5\)

Of course, I'm just guess at what is wanted. If we get the real question, the answer could be quite different.

tkhunny said:
Perhaps you seek the equation of a circle centered at (-1,2) and passing through the Origin?

You should be able to write this down about as fast as you can write the problem. \(\displaystyle (x+1)^{2} + (y-2)^{2} = 5\)

Of course, I'm just guess at what is wanted. If we get the real question, the answer could be quite different.

I stilll dont understand where you pulled out 5 from. Can you elaborate this to me please

spacewater said:
tkhunny said:

I stilll dont understand where you pulled out 5 from. Can you elaborate this to me please

Calculate the length of the radius of the circle ? distance between (0,0) & (-1,2)

Subhotosh Khan said:
spacewater said:
tkhunny said:

Calculate the length of the radius of the circle ? distance between (0,0) & (-1,2)

oops I see now, Thanks you

spacewater said:
tkhunny said:

You should be able to write this down about as fast as you can write the problem.

Another way, Since (0,0) belongs to the circle \(\displaystyle (0+1)^{2} + (0-2)^{2} = 1 + 4 = 5\)