What does it want?

tkhunny

Staff member
This might be my third question, ever. My emphasis in college was Linear Algebra, not this.

Playing with Fourier Transforms.

Start with an input function: [math]A\cdot e^{j\phi}\cdot e^{2\pi j \omega}[/math]
"A" and [math]\phi[/math] are constants.
[math]\omega[/math] is the normalized frequency

At what frequency will the output be zero (0)? It can't just be [math]\dfrac{\phi}{2\pi}[/math]? That might flatten things out on the way in, but zero (0) output?

Do I get to search for a frequency that actually makes the output function self-destruct? Emotionally, I find that hard to comprehend. What does it want?

Speculate?

Will the output of ... what ... be zero?

Your input function seems to be lacking a time variable. Is that a typo or am I completely misunderstanding the question.

Will the output of ... what ... be zero?

Your input function seems to be lacking a time variable. Is that a typo or am I completely misunderstanding the question.
You have asked the right question of me. I found my time variable and I see that I must find [math]-\pi \lt \omega \lt \pi[/math] that makes the response function zero. Very good.

What does it want? Love and attention from a Physicist. Just like any other Physics problem. :love:

(I feel proprietary about Fourier Series problems.)

-Dan