What if I don't have a clue on what to do?

Xentus

Sometimes I cannot post on freemathhelp.com because of the reason that I have not done any work regarding a particular question, so I go into a state of despair, is they any way I can request help regarding a specific question, without doing any work? Not because I don't like trying a bit, it's actually because I have no clue where to start?

So I'd like some clarification on this subject, because it really hurts me when I don't have a clue where to start, I am not a math genius, nor do I plan on becoming some kind of mathematician, so yeahh...

Just in case the post above isn't clear by today's standards, then here you go.

I want to be able to ask for help, because sometimes the answer is "Please show your work for the hemisphere volume calculation.", there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that sometimes I literally have no clue where to start. Thanks
-Abu Hamza N.

Sometimes I cannot post on freemathhelp.com because of the reason that I have not done any work regarding a particular question, so I go into a state of despair, is they any way I can request help regarding a specific question, without doing any work? Not because I don't like trying a bit, it's actually because I have no clue where to start?

So I'd like some clarification on this subject, because it really hurts me when I don't have a clue where to start, I am not a math genius, nor do I plan on becoming some kind of mathematician, so yeahh...
Of course, you can post such questions. But you still need to provide some context. If someone asks you how to create an excel spreadsheet, I'm pretty sure the first thing you do is ask a few questions to figure out where the person is on the computer knowledge scale. To save everybody (including you) some time you should explain what you are studying, whether you are familiar with all relevant terms, formulas, etc, instead of waiting for us to ask you.

Of course, you can post such questions. But you still need to provide some context. If someone asks you how to create an excel spreadsheet, I'm pretty sure the first thing you do is ask a few questions to figure out where the person is on the computer knowledge scale. To save everybody (including you) some time you should explain what you are studying, whether you are familiar with all relevant terms, formulas, etc, instead of waiting for us to ask you.

Alright, thanks!

Sometimes I cannot post … because … I have [no work to show] …
Hello Xentus. Have you seen the guidelines summary?

Guidelines Summary said:
If you cannot begin an exercise, please tell us why (eg: unknown concept, confusing example, unfamiliar symbol, missing definition, unclear language)

If you tell us what kind of help you need, then we can make suggestions or provide links to lessons, explanations, definitions, et cetera.

?