What if there are more than 2 given in normal distribution?

soulie

Screenshot (629).png
I have this sample problem for a normal distribution here. I know how to get those in (a) and (b). But I'm a bit puzzled on how to get (c). An explanation would be enough. Thank you!

View attachment 31683
I have this sample problem for a normal distribution here. I know how to get those in (a) and (b). But I'm a bit puzzled on how to get (c). An explanation would be enough. Thank you!
For c), you're sampling from a normal distribution.
Let [imath]X_1,X_2,\dots,X_{n}[/imath] be i.i.d normally distributed random variables, and [imath]S_n=\frac{X_1+X_2+\dots+X_{n}}{n}[/imath] be the sample average. Then [imath]S_n[/imath] is approximately normal with mean of [imath]\mu[/imath] and the standard error of [imath]\frac{\sigma}{\sqrt{n}}[/imath].

View attachment 31683
As for "at least 2", you should have learned that that sort of question can commonly be solved by restating "at least 2" as "not 0 or 1". Have you learned about the binomial distribution?