What is Quadratic equations used for???

Caln

Hello everyone,
I have been researching this question for ages and have yet to find a solution that is relevant to todays real life. Why do we use Quadratic Equations? and where do the fit into our life.
Do they simplify the flow of water through a pipe?..
Do they explain the dynamics of building a bridge, compared to other systems???
Do they just tickle the fancy of mathematicians because they are fun to solve??

When I go on to YouTube, there are many, many videos that explain how to solve a quadratic equation, or explaing the various types of Quadratic Equations but there are zero videos that explain why they are important, why they work better that other systems, why they are useful to science and why they are required by high school but never explain exactly what they solve compared to older or other systems..

I personally spent 2 years in high school solving Quadratic Equations and never dicovered why they were important.

Please, can someone with a math background please make a YouTube video that exactly explains why quadratic equations are useful to society?

Thanks
Clan

Hello everyone,
I have been researching this question for ages and have yet to find a solution that is relevant to todays real life. Why do we use Quadratic Equations? and where do the fit into our life.
Do they simplify the flow of water through a pipe?..
Do they explain the dynamics of building a bridge, compared to other systems???
Do they just tickle the fancy of mathematicians because they are fun to solve??

When I go on to YouTube, there are many, many videos that explain how to solve a quadratic equation, or explaing the various types of Quadratic Equations but there are zero videos that explain why they are important, why they work better that other systems, why they are useful to science and why they are required by high school but never explain exactly what they solve compared to older or other systems..

I personally spent 2 years in high school solving Quadratic Equations and never dicovered why they were important.

Please, can someone with a math background please make a YouTube video that exactly explains why quadratic equations are useful to society?

Thanks
Clan
Look at:

Quadratic equations are all over the place in physics: projectile motion, linear motion with constant acceleration, oscillation (harmonic oscillation, like a spring for instance), resistance in an electrical circuit when one resistor is written in terms of another...

Another application comes up in calculus. Imagine a solid that is increasing(or decreasing) in size. The rate of change of the solid's volume is its surface area, which can often be expressed as a quadratic.