What would the height be for the triangle?

1640401610091.png
Actual (to the scale) figure is different from the one given in the question.
Area of the composite figure = Area of the rectangle ABCD + Area of the triangle CDE
=> ( 6 * 4 ) +( 1/2 * 6 * 3 ) = 24 + 9 = 33 in² ......... Answer

Attachments

• 1640399905275.png
    1640399905275.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
View attachment 30324
Actual (to the scale) figure is different from the one given in the question.
Area of the composite figure = Area of the rectangle ABCD + Area of the triangle CDE
=> ( 6 * 4 ) +( 1/2 * 6 * 3 ) = 24 + 9 = 33 in² ......... Answer
We aren't told that CE is 7 inches; that was penciled in, and is clearly not what was intended in the problem. Luckily, we don't need to know it, because that doesn't affect the area. Your work is correct.

On the other hand, you should be aware that we don't give complete answers to students who have not shown work. Some of us like to finish problems when they have been idle for some time, in order to help others who might look; I myself don't tend to do that, and at the least would recommend just giving a further hint (in case the OP cares, contrary to the evidence we have) at this point. Please read

We aren't told that CE is 7 inches; that was penciled in, and is clearly not what was intended in the problem. Luckily, we don't need to know it, because that doesn't affect the area. Your work is correct.

On the other hand, you should be aware that we don't give complete answers to students who have not shown work. Some of us like to finish problems when they have been idle for some time, in order to help others who might look; I myself don't tend to do that, and at the least would recommend just giving a further hint (in case the OP cares, contrary to the evidence we have) at this point. Please read
Thanx for your comments. I will take care in future. Some times I know that it will be all most impossible for a student to answer a question. In that case should I not solve it fully ?
Dr. P.K.Tandon