When I'm solving absolute value tables, how should my values be written?

anannymouse

For example, if I have |x|-9, would I be able to input any of my own numbers? Also, let's say the answer to that was yes, and I chose x = 2, would the equation be solved as: |2|-9=-7? Thank you!

I suspect that you did not include the entire question. Usually in the problem they would say that x can be any real number or that x> -77.

However without that information I would reply with yes to both of your questions.

For the record |x| - 9 is not an equation as it does not have an equal sign. It is called an expression.|

When I'm solving absolute value tables, how should my values be written?

For example, if I have |x|-9, would I be able to input any of my own numbers? Also, let's say the answer to that was yes, and I chose x = 2, would the equation be solved as: |2|-9=-7? Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by "solving tables", or what might prevent you from using any input value, since you haven't told us the context.

But what you seem to be asking about is not solving an equation, but just evaluating an expression. In that case, if x = 2, then |x|-9 does equal -7.

Can you show us the actual problem you are working on, in its entirety, so we can be sure?