Where do I even start? M(h)=6.2h-8 gives number of miles for electric car in h hours

blueunicorn125

I have been trying to figure this problem out for the last few hours. I just don't even know where to begin. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the question,

For an electric car, the number of miles that can be driven powered by only batteries depends on the number of hours of charging the batteries. The function M(h)=6.2h-8 gives the number of miles where h is the number of hours on the charger. Compute M(2), M(6) and M(10).

Where to I even begin? How do I break this down? I am more than confused :confused:

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

I have been trying to figure this problem out for the last few hours. I just don't even know where to begin. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the question,

For an electric car, the number of miles that can be driven powered by only batteries depends on the number of hours of charging the batteries. The function M(h)=6.2h-8 gives the number of miles where h is the number of hours on the charger. Compute M(2), M(6) and M(10).

Where to I even begin? How do I break this down? I am more than confused :confused:

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

M(h)=6.2h-8
Compute M(2)
put in 2 for h.

Here is the question,
Where to I even begin? How do I break this down? I am more than confused
You posted this in the Intermediate/Advanced Algebra foruum
Surely that means that you have studied function notation and usage?
If \(\displaystyle f(x)=6.2x-8\) then you can tell us what
\(\displaystyle f(10)=~?\). What is the difference here?