Why is distributed computing/system important/necessary for big data? What is one example of use of distributed system in big data?

shivajikobardan

Here are the notes in my college curriculum, which I of course understand but it doesn't make clear what is the role of distributed system in big data-:

These are some tutorials that try to explain this topic. But imo fail to do so. They don't really explain the need of distributed system in big data.

(I already have studied subject called distributed system.https://www.ioenotes.edu.np/ioe-syllabus/distributed-system-computer-engineering-712 this was our syllabus. I studied it really well. I still have hipster pdas of this subject to reference upon...)

Here are the notes in my college curriculum, which I of course understand but it doesn't make clear what is the role of distributed system in big data-:

These are some tutorials that try to explain this topic. But imo fail to do so. They don't really explain the need of distributed system in big data.

(I already have studied subject called distributed system.https://www.ioenotes.edu.np/ioe-syllabus/distributed-system-computer-engineering-712 this was our syllabus. I studied it really well. I still have hipster pdas of this subject to reference upon...)
Can you enunciate the advantages of a distributed system, in general?

Can you enunciate the advantages of a distributed system, in general?
Ok so i was opening my hipster pda today. and came across this so thought of posting this here..

advajntages are-:
1) economic eg-: google drive is economical
2) Speed is high...10000 CPU*50 MIPS=....
3) supports inherently distributed applications like banks
4) reliability and fault tolerance-: if 1 machine crashes, system survives.

then come goals/characteristics/objectives/requirements of ds-:
openness
scalability
transparency
security etc etc.

Ok so i was opening my hipster pda today. and came across this so thought of posting this here..

advajntages are-:
1) economic eg-: google drive is economical
2) Speed is high...10000 CPU*50 MIPS=....
3) supports inherently distributed applications like banks
4) reliability and fault tolerance-: if 1 machine crashes, system survives.

then come goals/characteristics/objectives/requirements of ds-:
openness
scalability
transparency
security etc etc.
So you understand the need for distributed system :- To enjoy the advantages that you have listed above.