Wondering if these answers are correct!

HB09

Hello! What a great forum to come across! I take all online classes and dont usually have people to communicate with. My new class does not have a book and this week doesnt give many examples. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I answered these questions correctly or if I am missing anything? Im kind of at a stand still! Thank you
[FONT=&quot]
Quadratic Formula
-x^2+8x=9 answer x=4+√7

Linear Equation
25x +50,000=80,000 answer 1200
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] algebraic expressions
4x-3 x=2 answer is 5[/FONT]

Hello! What a great forum to come across! I take all online classes and dont usually have people to communicate with. My new class does not have a book and this week doesnt give many examples. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I answered these questions correctly or if I am missing anything? Im kind of at a stand still! Thank you

Quadratic Formula
-x^2+8x=9 answer x=4+√7
...... Incomplete

Linear Equation
...... Correct

algebraic expressions
4x-3 x=2 answer is 5
...... Correct

The first problem - being an equation of 2-nd degree, must have two solutions. The other solution is: x = 4 - √7

You could also write those together as: x = 4 ± √7

The first problem - being an equation of 2-nd degree, must have two solutions. The other solution is: x = 4 - √7

You could also write those together as: x = 4 ± √7

So would i include both possible answers for the first question? Thank you!

My new class does not have a book and this week doesnt give many examples. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I answered these questions correctly or if I am missing anything? Im kind of at a stand still! Thank you

Quadratic Formula
-x^2+8x=9 answer x=4+√7
How did you get this one answer? Why are you doubting the other helper, who provided you with the other answer?

To learn the various methods for solving quadratic equations, try here or here.

Linear Equation
When you plugged "1,200" in for "x" in the original equation, did you get a true statement? If so, your answer is correct. If not, then it's not.

algebraic expressions
4x-3 x=2 answer is 5
Would it be correct the assume that the original exercise was along the lines of the following?

. . .\(\displaystyle \mbox{Evaluate the expression }\, 4x\, -\, 3\, \mbox{ when }\, x\, =\, 2.\)

If so, then your answer is correct. If not, please reply with corrections. Thank you! ;)

How did you get this one answer? Why are you doubting the other helper, who provided you with the other answer?

To learn the various methods for solving quadratic equations, try here or here.

When you plugged "1,200" in for "x" in the original equation, did you get a true statement? If so, your answer is correct. If not, then it's not.

Would it be correct the assume that the original exercise was along the lines of the following?

. . .\(\displaystyle \mbox{Evaluate the expression }\, 4x\, -\, 3\, \mbox{ when }\, x\, =\, 2.\)

If so, then your answer is correct. If not, please reply with corrections. Thank you! ;)

I had both answers but didnt know you needed to provide both. I dont trust myself when it comes to math because I have never been great at it!