Word Problem Set Up

mathdad

The most important skill in the world of math is learning to set up the needed equation(s) to solve word problems. You have no idea how many times, through my twenties and thirties, I failed exams leading to good paying jobs in the NYC area and one time in Springfield, Missouri, the SHOW ME state. It is a miracle that I was able to pass the ASVAB in 1995.

Two of the ten parts of the test are mainly word problems. I did, however, studied for more than 6 months at a Queens security guard booth working for Professional Security Bureau, ltd. The name of the site is PSN. Can you believe my ASVAB score was only 55 percent but enough to enlist in the Navy?

I hope to change all of that by tackling hundreds of word problems in the next year or two. Obviously, solving equations is not my concerned. My BIGGEST PROBLEM is setting up the needed equation(s) to find the answer. Suggestions or tips welcomed.

I gave you an answer to this question days ago.

For most of the word problems that will be posted, I simply will show my work in terms of setting up the needed equation(s). This is what matters most to me.