Word Problems & Set Up

mathdad

For most of the word problems that will be posted, I simply will show my work in terms of setting up the needed equation(s). This is what matters most to me. Solving the equation is no problem. My struggle has been the set up. If I can learn how to do this well enough to tackle most high school applications, what more could I want?

This thread should be removed in my opinion.

I totally understand why you have such a hard time in terms of what you said to me in private the other day concerning one aspect of your personal. I can only imagine what type of coworker you are to work with. What is so bad about this post? I am giving EVERYONE a heads up that setting up equations is my main goal in terms of word problems. I am not talking about God, or the Bible or trains, or my goals for 2019, etc. It is a MATH RELATED post.

Things said privately shouldn't be made public, please. I'm not saying this has been done necessarily, but let's all please keep this in mind.

I would agree that the majority of people helping here are more interested in the actual questions and the math behind them vs. posts about future plans of posts, but there is no rule against such posts, at least that I am aware of.

Things said privately shouldn't be made public, please. I'm not saying this has been done necessarily, but let's all please keep this in mind.

I would agree that the majority of people helping here are more interested in the actual questions and the math behind them vs. posts about future plans of posts, but there is no rule against such posts, at least that I am aware of.

Ok. My post will contain math questions with work shown, of course.