Work Help

hth3r

I am not a student.... so if you can't help that's ok. My math skills are a little rusty. Can you help me write a formula for the following problem?

Looking at my sales report, I have a qty sold, Item price, and average price per item. Each item has 2 price points though, and this is where I am struggling (especially since that price point is 0). I have the qty sold, price point and average price. What I need to find is the qty sold at each Price Point. Who says you never use math after High School?

Ex
Nature valley at
Total sold 30
Price 1 $0.00
Price 2 $.89
Average price $0.21

thank

I am not a student.... so if you can't help that's ok. My math skills are a little rusty. Can you help me write a formula for the following problem?

Looking at my sales report, I have a qty sold, Item price, and average price per item. Each item has 2 price points though, and this is where I am struggling (especially since that price point is 0). I have the qty sold, price point and average price. What I need to find is the qty sold at each Price Point. Who says you never use math after High School?

Ex
Nature valley at
Total sold 30
Price 1 $0.00
Price 2 $.89
Average price $0.21

thank

Who says? Someone who was simply incorrect.

In a strictly algebraic sense, just pick a number - an abstract number. We usually call them variables, or just names.

Z = Quantity Sold at Price 1 $0.00 (I picked "Z" for the "Z"ero Price. It seemed a natural fit. Some folks don't like "x".)

It should then be only a slight stretch of the imagination to believe that:

30 - Z = Quantity Sold at Price 2 $0.89

I'll leave it at that, for now. How would you go about calculating the average, given all that information - now that you know how many were sold at each price point?