work rate problems

Alanzzz

Can someone help me with this problem please?
It takes 8 workers 1 hour to complete a job. How long would it take 10 workers to complete the same job?
Thank you.

It takes 8 workers 1 hour to complete a job. How long would it take 10 workers to complete the same job?
Thank you.

First try to do a different but "simpler" problem:

It takes 8 workers 1 hour to complete a job. (Assuming everybody was at the same rate and same amount)

How long would it take 1 worker to complete the same job?

Thank you.
A single worker would take 8 hours to do the job so does 1 job/8 hours so 10 workers will do 10 jobs/8 hours= 10/8= 5/4 job per hour which is the same as 4/5 hour per job. It would take 4/5 hour= (4/5)60= 48 minutes to complete the job.

This is the same as arguing that 10 workers instead of 8 is a ratio of 10/8= 5/4. Obviously more workers will take less time so multiply by 4/5 rather than 5/4.

A single worker would take 8 hours to do the job so does 1 job/8 hours so 10 workers will do 10 jobs/8 hours= 10/8= 5/4 job per hour which is the same as 4/5 hour per job. It would take 4/5 hour= (4/5)60= 48 minutes to complete the job.

This is the same as arguing that 10 workers instead of 8 is a ratio of 10/8= 5/4. Obviously more workers will take less time so multiply by 4/5 rather than 5/4.
Absolutely great. I'm really grateful. Thank you.