john458776

Screenshot (130).png
[imath]AB=<-5,3,-3>[/imath]

[imath]BC=<8,1,1>[/imath]

[imath]AB.BC=(-5)(8)+(3)(1)+(-3)(1)=-40[/imath]

[imath]||AB||=sqrt(48)[/imath]

[imath]||BC||=sqrt(66)[/imath]

[imath]tetha=138,66°[/imath]

I think the approach I use is correct but now I was thinking if the same problem would say I should find the size of angle BCA.

Then first I should find BC and CA, then I proceed with other steps, is that right or the is something im missing here ?

I think that angle ABC is the angle between BA and BC. Is it defined differently in your class? Same for BCA.

I think that angle ABC is the angle between BA and BC. Is it defined differently in your class? Same for BCA.
I think you are correct, because the question asks for the angle A→B→C, which I take to mean the angle where B is the vertex. I Think the angle which I found to be 138,66 is incorrect, it makes sense now, the angle can not be that huge especially in the given points.

So the good approach is

[imath]BA.BC=40[/imath]

Angle will be [imath]41,34°[/imath]

What is the length of AB?

What is the length of AC?

What is the length of BC?

If you know the lengths of the sides of a triangle, how do you find the measures of its angles?

What is the length of AB?

What is the length of AC?

What is the length of BC?

If you know the lengths of the sides of a triangle, how do you find the measures of its angles?
Length of AB=sqrt(43)
Length of AC=sqrt(29)
Length of BC=sqrt(66)

In this case I would use a cosine rule
Then the angle will be 41,33°

It will works but in this case since the topic is vectors it would be wise for me to find the angle using vectors method than using a cosine rule.

Length of AB=sqrt(43)
Length of AC=sqrt(29)
Length of BC=sqrt(66)

In this case I would use a cosine rule
Then the angle will be 41,33°

It will works but in this case since the topic is vectors it would be wise for me to find the angle using vectors method than using a cosine rule.
Looks good to me. At least my computer gives me the same answer.