Write the slope of a line that is parallel to each line...

Butterflywing2

Ok here are several questions that have me stuck....

y=2x - 5 and 4x+y=3

The instructions at the top say Write the slope of a line athat is parallel to each line...

I have no work to show as I am completely and utterly lost.... :shock: Help if you can...

Thanks~

Hello there,

If line A is parallel to line B, what would that mean for the slope? Would you expect the slope to be different, same, ...?

I hope this sets your mind into motion so you can answer the questions. If you need more help, please write back! Good luck!

That does help somewhat but it seams the hampster in my head is still dead and not turning the wheel...

What I need to find is hints or helps that tell me the next step to take. I want to learn this as it seams my midterms are comeing soon and I'm not looking for a quick way out. I want to learn.

Thanks for your help though I'm starting to see what you mean.

~

Hi there,

To get the hamster to run, I'll make my question in my earlier post a this multiple-choice question:

1. If line A is parallel to line B, how would the slope of line A relate to the slope of line B?

A) They would be different.

B) They would be the same.

C) They would be the reciprocals of each other.

As a hint, think of railroad tracks. Think of one track as line A and the other track as B, what is the relation of the two individual tracks to each other?

Write back if you need more help.

Hello there,

You are right. The slopes would be the same.

Do you now know how to find the slope of the lines which are parallel to the lines for your exercises?