Writing A Linear Programming Model In Standard Form

Melrox0

I have a tons of questions. This just happens to be my first. I am lost. Need a tutor but have until midnight to turn in a 5 page assignment. Right now my brain is fried and I cannot seem to remember how to write my LPM in standard form :x.

So here you go, can someone help?

maximize Z = $.35(x1) + $.42(x2) + $.37(x3)
Subject to:
x1 + x2 + x3 <=2000
.50(x1) + .46(x2) + .55(x3) <= 965
x1 >= x2 + x3
x1,x2,x3 >=0

b. Write the model in standard form.

Here is the word problem that I created the LPM from:

Shelton Sandwich Services provides sandwiches for vendors throughout the Fort Worth, Texas area. The sandwiches are delivered fresh each morning to various locations. The company provides three types of sandwiches, ham&cheese, bologna, and chicken salad. A ham&cheese sandwich takes 0.50 minutes to assemble, a bologna sandwich requires 0.46 minutes to assemble, and a chicken salad sandwich takes 0.55 minutes to assemble. The company has 965 minutes available each night for sandwich assembly. The vending machine capacity is 2,000 sandwiches per day. The profit per sandwich for ham&cheese, bologna, and chicken salad is $0.35, $0.42, and $0.37, respectively. The company knows from past history that its customers buy as many or more of the ham&cheese sandwiches than the other two sandwiches combined. However, customers need a variety of sandwiches to choose from, so Shelton Sandwich Services stock at least 200 of each type of sandwich. Shelton Sandwich Services has asked you to develop a daily stocking plan that maximizes profit.

Assembly Time Profit Per Sandwich
x1 Ham & Cheese 0.50 $0.35
x2 Bologna 0.46 $0.42
x3 Chicken Salad 0.55 $0.37
Total Resources 965
Vending Machine Maximum 2,000 sandwiches per day
Maximum Assembly Time 965 minutes

Denis said:
ham: 1297
bologna: 447
chicken: 201
total: 1945

That is the answer correct?

I have to show my work and I created the LPM now I need to be able to write it in standard form. Then I have to solve the model, and report the optimal solution. THEN, management is considering two options to improve the business model. Increase available assembly time by 480 minutes, Increase vending machine capacity by 100 sandwiches.

Standard form:
(1) min -Z
(2) Change >='s to <='s by multiplying through by -1
(3) Change <='s to ='s by adding a (non-negative) dummy variable

You may have forgotten they stock at least 200 of each.