Writing math symbols.

STF92

Hi: how do you write mathematical symbols here? I've seen other posts and they seem to use ASCII code but rendering special symbols.

Hi: how do you write mathematical symbols here? I've seen other posts and they seem to use ASCII code but rendering special symbols.
We use ASCII symbols and LaTex (do a google search to learn more about it,).

… ASCII code but rendering special symbols.
Hi STF92. Suggestions for math symbols appear in the forum's posting guidelines. See the paragraph subheaded "Post the complete text of the exercise."

I often use ASCII characters because my keyboard has a numeric keypad; that allows me to type ALT-XXXX codes, for inserting many ASCII math characters. Alternatively, I use the Windows Character Map, to select, copy, and paste special characters. (Set the 'Group by' field to 'Unicode Subrange' and select 'Mathematical Operators' or other topics from the pop-up window.)

± × ÷ ∑ ∙ √ ∞ ∩ ≈ ≠ ≤ ≥ σ Ω α β θ º π Ψ

There's a link in the posting guidelines also for learning how to text expressions containing symbols. For examples, typing something like

root[3](625) \(\quad\) means \(\quad \sqrt[3]{625}\)

sum[n=k,infty](x_n) \(\quad\) means \(\quad \sum_{k}^{\infty} x_{n}\)

int[a,b](x^3 + 7x - 10) dx \(\quad\) means \(\quad \int_{a}^{b} 3x^{3} + 7x - 10 \text{ dx}\)

For aligning columns (when typing a matrix, for example), you can use Code tags and a fixed-width font. (Click the 'Post Reply' button and then click the gear icon at the right end of the toolbar, to see my typing for the codes.)
Code:
-1   3  10   4
 0  12   7  -2
 0  -1   3   1

If you're interested in learning about LaTeX, you can start with this post.

Cheers ?