Area Between Two Curve

sandi2001

Hello. What I have here is 2 curves. The problem I have is that the given curves does not have numerical coefficients and I don't know how to solve for it (v and u) or should I even solve for it in the first place? So, I really don't know how to approach this kind of problem.

Can you guys share your thoughts on how should I solve for these unknown terms (v and u) and how should I approach this problem? It would really be of great help to me, mentally. 😭

Attachments

lev888

Hello. What I have here is 2 curves. The problem I have is that the given curves does not have numerical coefficients and I don't know how to solve for it (v and u) or should I even solve for it in the first place? So, I really don't know how to approach this kind of problem.

Can you guys share your thoughts on how should I solve for these unknown terms (v and u) and how should I approach this problem? It would really be of great help to me, mentally. 😭
What would you do if u and v were numbers?

sandi2001

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member

You are given two points of intersection (3,12) and (-1,0).

What can you do with that information?

1621305678576.png

sandi2001

Attachments

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member

sandi2001

Looks good! Continue...
I substituted v=1 and u=2 to the integral with bounds 3, -1 and got this area. May I ask if I used the correct bounds (3,-1) using vertical strip?

Attachments

sandi2001

Give it a try.
Thank you very much for your insights. You are of great help especially to struggling students like me.

sandi2001

Looks good! Continue...
Thank you very much for making me realize about the points of intersection. I would not have moved on with this problem if it wasn't pointed out. Please continue helping others. :)