CalcHw Help

jgrizz

Could someone assist me with solving this problem please? I am trying to find f from the second derivative.
f ″(x) = 5e^x − 7 sin(x), f(0) = 3, f (pi/2)=0 ..........edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone assist me with solving this problem please? I am trying to find f from the second derivative.
f ″(x) = 5ex − 7 sin(x), f(0) = 3, f (pi/2)=0
What you wrote here doesn't make sense.
What's 5ex? Do you mean 5e^x?
You'd also need a condition for the first derivative to solve for the constant. Do you mean f'(0)=3 or f'(pi/2)=0. One of those is missing the prime sign.
Perhaps, post an image of the problem instead. Also, please share what you have tried so far.

Last edited:
You'd also need a condition for the first derivative to solve for the constant. Do you mean f'(0)=3 or f'(pi/2)=0. One of those is missing the prime sign.
Perhaps, post an image of the problem instead. Also, please share what you have tried so far.
It could be a boundary value problem (like a vibrating string) - however I have not worked through.

What you wrote here doesn't make sense.
What's 5ex? Do you mean 5e^x?
Sorry, I meant f ″(x) = 5e^x − 7 sin(x). And yes the conditions were f'(0)=3 or f'(pi/2)=0.

Sorry, I meant f ″(x) = 5e^x − 7 sin(x). And yes the conditions were f'(0)=3 or f'(pi/2)=0.
Are you sure you have an "or" ?

Moreover, now you have prime over both the given conditions! Is that correct?

Why do math students have so much problems with AND and OR? These are words that they use everyday but when it comes to math they forget the meanings.

Wow, I mistyped the question again I'm sorry. I have been struggling with this topic for the past few days. I am trying to find f for
f ″(x) = 5e^x − 7 sin(x) with conditions f(0)=3, f (pi/2)=0

f ″(x) = 5e^x − 7 sin(x), f(0) = 3, f (pi/2)=0 ..........edited
Have you tried integrating f"(x)

\(\displaystyle \int\left[5*e^x - 7*sin(x)\right]dx \)

........ What do you get?