Does the site seem sluggish to anyone else?

Otis

Elite Member
Over the past 2-3 days, I've had to wait up to two minutes for the forum to respond. Nearly everything is taking way too long. (I'm not experiencing delays at any other sites.)

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page seems frozen.

I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed such delays, recently.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. That worked in only a few instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seemed to work faster, but only sometimes.

🤔

MarkFL

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I have also noticed a slowdown here at times recently that I'm not experiencing elsewhere. :)

Dr.Peterson

Elite Member
Same here, on two different networks. Logging in or out takes forever, while other sites work fine.

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll send Ted an email about this.

😕

Harry_the_cat

Elite Member
Yes, me too. It's very slow. I thought it was my computer, but sounds like it's not.

Romsek

very slow today

ksdhart2

The site was working at its normal speed this morning, but this afternoon it's very slow and taking a long time to load or process actions.

dev644

Over the past 2-3 days, I've had to wait up to two minutes for the forum to respond. Nearly everything is taking way too long. (I'm not experiencing delays at any other sites.)

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page is frozen.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. This seems to work, but only in a few, random instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seems to work, but only sometimes.

🤔
Me too , can't access any other options when typing and posting pictures

lev888

Yes, it's been slower than usual.

Denis

Ain't no Usain Bolt, thassa fer sure!!

Harry_the_cat

Elite Member
Seems to be much quicker now!

Reactions: Ted

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Should be back to normal now, folks. A log file I didn't even know about had grown to nearly 20GB and was really bogging down the server. Thanks to the fine techs at Liquid Web for resolving the matter!

mathdad

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page seems frozen.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. That worked in only a few instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seemed to work faster, but only sometimes.

🤔
If you want quick replies go to yahoo answers.

MarkFL

Super Moderator
Staff member