Does the site seem sluggish to anyone else?

Otis

Elite Member
Over the past 2-3 days, I've had to wait up to two minutes for the forum to respond. Nearly everything is taking way too long. (I'm not experiencing delays at any other sites.)

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page seems frozen.

I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed such delays, recently.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. That worked in only a few instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seemed to work faster, but only sometimes.

?

Yes, I have also noticed a slowdown here at times recently that I'm not experiencing elsewhere. :)

Same here, on two different networks. Logging in or out takes forever, while other sites work fine.

Yes, me too. It's very slow. I thought it was my computer, but sounds like it's not.

The site was working at its normal speed this morning, but this afternoon it's very slow and taking a long time to load or process actions.

Over the past 2-3 days, I've had to wait up to two minutes for the forum to respond. Nearly everything is taking way too long. (I'm not experiencing delays at any other sites.)

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page is frozen.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. This seems to work, but only in a few, random instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seems to work, but only sometimes.

?
Me too , can't access any other options when typing and posting pictures

Should be back to normal now, folks. A log file I didn't even know about had grown to nearly 20GB and was really bogging down the server. Thanks to the fine techs at Liquid Web for resolving the matter!

For examples: loading pages in general, previewing posts, submitting posts, waiting for the smiley pop-up menu to appear, marking the forums as 'read'. Even clicking the log-in button stalls (returning me to the page where I started, sometimes, as though I had not clicked anything). Other times, I get the animated busy-signal, and it never ends; eventually, I'm forced to close the browser and start over because the page seems frozen.

As a work-around, I've tried halting page loads manually, followed by re-clicking the link or button. That worked in only a few instances. Likewise, if I type the beginning of a smiley code and nothing happens within 20 seconds, hitting the backspace key and retyping the character seemed to work faster, but only sometimes.

?

If you want quick replies go to yahoo answers.