Equation Generator? (RR Stock Calculator attached)

StephenGusi

New to the forum, excuse me if my format is off.

Ive been trading foreign currency and ive been looking for a resource which can generate a equation given variable values and answer value.

EX: Given ans=10, x=5 & y=5 it will return x+y=ans

I want to use the online resources and this tool to find out the mathematical equations which govern the variable relationship

Conversely if anyone knows a resource which can outline the equations in pip profit calculations, market swaps etc. I would appreciate it.

I have found many online calculator resources, but I am trying to make an excel spreadsheet with embedded equations.

**OR if anyone knows how I can get the mathematical equation from the website through manipulating the HTML

EXCEL CALCULATOR
I also created this little stock calculator in excel, which I have linked if anyone is interested. Dosnt use macros. Input start stop levels and $ loss tolerance and it will return a trade outline.

Jomo

Elite Member
x=5, y=5-->10
Do you realize how many combinations there are??

2x-y, 3x-2y, 4x-3y, ...... all equal 10

2y-x, 3y-2x, 4y-2x,.... all equal 10

x^2/y, x^3/y^2, x^4/y^3, ..... all equal 10

y^2/x, y^3/x^2, y^4/x^3,..... all equal 10

and there are many many more infinite patterns.

Do you not have any number sense to realize that there will be infinitely many equations?

Cubist

Do you not have any number sense...
It was an excellent point you made about infinite patterns, Jomo, however all the example expressions you gave are equal to 5 not 10 😜

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member
x=5, y=5-->10

2y-x, 3y-2x, 4y-2x,.... all equal 10 ,,,

Do you not have any number sense to realize that there will be infinitely many equations?
x=5, y=5-->10

2x-y, 3x-2y, 4x-3y, ...... all equal 10... no those don't - to corner-quarantine - for 5 days......

Jomo

Elite Member
x=5, y=5-->10

2x-y, 3x-2y, 4x-3y, ...... all equal 10... no those don't - to corner-quarantine - for 5 days......
OK, you got me this time. But there is always the next time.

The expressions should have been 3x-y, 4x-2y, 5x-3y,....kx-(k-2)y,... all equal to 10

To Subhotosh---please judge me by my questions and not by my answers.

StephenGusi

x=5, y=5-->10

2y-x, 3y-2x, 4y-2x,.... all equal 10

I have an infinite number of data points available on the equation I am trying to solve for (as I still have access to the original online calculator resource). I also know how many variables that are to be used, just need something to tell me the arrangement of such so I dont have to work through all 15 individually

Jomo

Elite Member
It was an excellent point you made about infinite patterns, Jomo, however all the example expressions you gave are equal to 5 not 10 😜
I have been put in the corner for 5 days (yes 5 days) for that mistake by our moderator, Subhotosh. I hope that I am still on the payroll. It is real dark here and the only light I have is the one from my computer. I can only hope that wife will bring me some food. She thinks that I am crazy for working here.

Otis

firemath

I have been put in the corner for 5 days (yes 5 days) for that mistake by our moderator, Subhotosh. I hope that I am still on the payroll. It is real dark here and the only light I have is the one from my computer. I can only hope that wife will bring me some food. She thinks that I am crazy for working here.
Preferably division dumplings.

From "The Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster.