Experimental groups

rachelmaddie

Hi, I need help with this question.388A5202-9BD1-47D4-AD68-9F6587615B48.png

Objective of the experiment
To test if the multivitamin made by a research company is beneficial or not for abolishing short term memory.

Population
The best candidates for a test would be people suffering from short term memory.

Experimental and control groups
Suppose 70 people are being tested in the experimental group and 60 people reside in the control group.

Sample procedure
Select 70 patients from the hospital in the experimental group, then provide the multivitamin for several months to determine if their memory has improved in comparison to patients in the control group.

I’ve been having trouble with this problem and coming up with a general population for some time.

Hi, I need help with this question.View attachment 20758

To test if the multivitamin made by a research company is beneficial or not for abolishing short term memory.

Population
The best candidates for a test would be people suffering from short term memory.

Suppose 70 people are being tested in the experimental group and 60 people reside in the control group.

Sample procedure
Select 70 patients from the hospital in the experimental group, then provide the multivitamin for several months to determine if their memory has improved in comparison to patients in the control group.

I’ve been having trouble with this problem and coming up with a general population for some time.
You wrote:

"Objective of the experiment
To test if the multivitamin made by a research company is beneficial or not for abolishing short term memory."

I suppose you meant "improving"

Also you said:

"The best candidates for a test would be people suffering from short term memory."

I suppose you meant:

"The best candidates for a test would be people suffering from short term memory loss."

Hi, I need help with this question.View attachment 20758

Population The best candidates for a test would be people suffering from short term memory.
I've already suggested to you that your population is not a good one.
The company seems to be saying that an average person on the street would benefit with these vitamins. The company never said that their vitamins were for people who is suffering with short term memory loss.

I've already suggested to you that your population is not a good one.
The company seems to be saying that an average person on the street would benefit with these vitamins. The company never said that their vitamins were for people who is suffering with short term memory loss.
Yes, I asked you about the population but I was still having trouble with this.

Fine, you are having trouble picking one, but why pick the same one that I said was not good? You have to be able to think of a sample of people other than ones who suffer from short memory loss. Just pick a sample, any sample, that does not have anything to do with any type of memory loss.

Fine, you are having trouble picking one, but why pick the same one that I said was not good? You have to be able to think of a sample of people other than ones who suffer from short memory loss. Just pick a sample, any sample, that does not have anything to do with any type of memory loss.
I did mention “popu
i did mention students in university.

Where did you mention university? If it was in another post then why did you go back to the population which I said is not good?

Just pick 70 students from a probability course and be done. There is only one population which I would not like and you happened to pick that one. Pick any other and I will be happy with it..

Where did you mention university? If it was in another post then why did you go back to the population which I said is not good?

Just pick 70 students from a probability course and be done. There is only one population which I would not like and you happened to pick that one. Pick any other and I will be happy with it..
This is what I have. I changed the wording but this is the best that I could after thinking it over..
To test if the multivitamin made by a research company is beneficial or not for improving short term memory.

Population
The best candidates for a test would be chosen from a group of University students who want to improve their short term memory. Suppose 130 people want to improve their short term memory.

Suppose 70 people are being tested in the experimental group and 60 people reside in the control group (placebo).

Sample procedure

There you go again saying the population want to improve their short term memory. That is not very different from your initial population being short term memory sufferers. Do not mention short term memory in your population!

There you go again saying the population want to improve their short term memory. That is not very different from your initial population being short term memory sufferers. Do not mention short term memory in your population!
Then can you show me how should I write it properly?

Then can you show me how should I write it properly?
Sure.

Population
The best candidates for a test would be chosen from a group of University students who want to improve their short term memory. Suppose 130 people want to improve their short term memory be involved in this testing.

Sure.

Population
The best candidates for a test would be chosen from a group of University students who want to improve their short term memory. Suppose 130 people want to improve their short term memory be involved in this testing.
Thank you Jomo!