How do you do roots in LaTeX ?

how do you do root ?
[MATH]/squareroot 2 [/MATH]
You start with pushing the calculator button in the scroll bar, the one between the flag icon and the x squared icon.

That gives you the tags to invoke Latex.

To get a square root, you type between the tags \sqrt{121} = 11. That results in

[MATH]\sqrt{121} = 11.[/MATH]
To get a higher root, you type between the tags \sqrt[5]{32} = 2. That results in

[MATH]\sqrt[5]{32} = 2.[/MATH]
The simplest way to learn Latex is to use the reply button on posts that contain LaTeX and look at the code.

Hello nanaseailie. Often, a simple way to find LaTeX code for a particular symbol is to google it. For example, you could google square root symbol LaTeX and Google will show the code at the top of the search-results list. Jeff's suggestion (using 'Reply' to see code in someone else's post) is good. Another way is to right-click on existing LaTeX in the forum and then use the pop-up menu to see the code. That method is described in this thread; also included is a link to a wiki page that lists math symbols. If you have any other LaTeX questions, you may add them to this thread or start a new thread on the Administrative Issues board. Cheers

\(\;\)

how do you do root ?
[MATH]/squareroot 2 [/MATH]
\sqrt{2} is the code for the symbolic square root two \(\displaystyle \sqrt2\)
\sqrt[5]{21} is the code for the symbolic fifth root twenty one \(\displaystyle \sqrt[5]{21}\)

Hello nanaseailie. Often, a simple way to find LaTeX code for a particular symbol is to google it. For example, you could google square root symbol LaTeX and Google will show the code at the top of the search-results list. Jeff's suggestion (using 'Reply' to see code in someone else's post) is good. Another way is to right-click on existing LaTeX in the forum and then use the pop-up menu to see the code. That method is described in this thread; also included is a link to a wiki page that lists math symbols. If you have any other LaTeX questions, you may add them to this thread or start a new thread on the Administrative Issues board. Cheers

\(\;\)
thx mmm4444bot, I tried the wiki list but couldnt find the square root symbol.
but your google and other suggestions helped me
Thanks a bunch

My personal favorite is Codecogs. The LaTeX is very similar to the version used here. I don't know the site you refered to, but one of the nice things about Codecogs is that you can save the code as an image and post the image here.

-Dan

… a good website, easy and user friendly …
Thanks for posting the link. I'm surprised that \sqrt{} and \sqrt[]{} are not predefined in the TeX package (or, perhaps, their omission from the wiki list was an oversight). I've added your link to the LaTeX notice, along with Dan's.

?