I have an integral multiple choise qustion in my calculus test, (I am studying engeneering)

Are you sure that there is no mistype in this integral? I have a doubt that your professor made a mistake. And there is another thought which is more logical that you made the mistake. If this integral is correct as well as the answers, then you mixed this problem with another problem's answers. Do you get what I mean?:devilish:
Well your doubt is wrong he did make a mistake on HIS integral and can provide you a photo of the integral on the quiz. With what I think is the integral that I believe he really wanted to give us (I did not ask him but from my solving above you will see that the second integral that I provide is 90% what he meant to write), I managed to very easily solve it with some notes of the students of previous years. Why are you people so mistrusted I really dont get it, the only thing I requested was help on the problem not tell me to check again if I miswrote the integral. Do you really think that I did not check it like a thousand times? Have a great day.

You should thank me because when I saw your integral I tried to solve it with 6 different \(\displaystyle u\) substitutions. It took me more than 30 minutes, then I concluded that there is a mistake in the integral. It is not we don't trust you, or we don't want to help you. It usually takes us 3 minutes to solve this kind of questions and when we spend 30 minutes, it means there is something wrong.

I am so glad that there is a student like you who doesn't give up. You tried your best and eventually you got the answer that you want. Bravoo ? ?

Bye the way, solving integrals is my favorite subject, so I hope to see you again with more integrals.

And don't let Professor Jomo disappoint you!

I am sorry for any bad words that I used I was just a little annoyed of the way people talked to to a person that they don't even know. Like I was some sort of a student who wants things solved by others, which I am not. I should have expect such type of reaction from the internet since people are prone to jump into conclusions. Anyway, of course we have learned a u substitution but as I addressed in every single of my replies this is not some sort of u substitution that you can come up with on your own. That is something that the person below you on the replies noticed. Its been given on formulas, books, notes ect. If you watch one of my pictures you will understand what type of formula I am talking to. This was the only reason why I posted this on the internet, if people were aware of any formula that fits to that problem that I am not since our professor didn't give any. If you believe or have thought of some simple substitution that can solve this problem I am extremely curious to see which one since I found none, so share it if you want. It doesn't matter anymore the quiz closed but I am just curious.
On this forum all we do is ask that you try and then we give helpful hints. Did you try to at least let u = x+2 to simplify the integral? Then maybe factor? We really are a friendly forum but we do not give out answers as we do honestly do not think that is helpful to students.

You should thank me because when I saw your integral I tried to solve it with 6 different \(\displaystyle u\) substitutions. It took me more than 30 minutes, then I concluded that there is a mistake in the integral. It is not we don't trust you, or we don't want to help you. It usually takes us 3 minutes to solve this kind of questions and when we spend 30 minutes, it means there is something wrong.

I am so glad that there is a student like you who doesn't give up. You tried your best and eventually you got the answer that you want. Bravoo ? ?

Bye the way, solving integrals is my favorite subject, so I hope to see you again with more integrals.

I didn't think that I disappointed the student. That was not my intent.

It's weird because I noticed that he probably had a mistake in his Integral moments before you posted your reply. By the way sorry if by any means I offended you with how I talked to you, you were one of the few who tried to really help, you was just caught in the middle of me replying to people that were more concerned about my inability to solve integrals rather than help me. So again my apologies and thank you for your time, 30 minutes for someone on the internet you don't know it is a lot so thank you. However I really hope you don't see me with more integrals because I hope to solve them myself ?. I am joking what I mean is that it is better for me to be able to solve problems without help, so I hope that internet won't be necessary again.

On this forum all we do is ask that you try and then we give helpful hints. Did you try to at least let u = x+2 to simplify the integral? Then maybe factor? We really are a friendly forum but we do not give out answers as we do honestly do not think that is helpful to students.
I understand. If you see my other replies you will see that I simplified the integral and tried to transform it to something easier to solve. However, there was no point in any of this or any other substitution because our professor wrote the wrong Integral.