More Trouble with LaTeX

JeffM

Elite Member
Suddenly, the math tags do not seem to be rendering my LaTeX code.

I'm not able to replicate the issue:

[MATH]x^2+y^2=r^2[/MATH]

I too am having a great deal of trouble with LaTeX here. Last evening I had prepared a long bit for a thread on complex numbers. It rendered perfectly in the preview but then it was a total mess when I tried to post it. As I have said, I have used TeX since c.1985 I have to think that the fault is not my coding.

I too am having a great deal of trouble with LaTeX here. Last evening I had prepared a long bit for a thread on complex numbers. It rendered perfectly in the preview but then it was a total mess when I tried to post it. As I have said, I have used TeX since c.1985 I have to think that the fault is not my coding.

Can you post what didn't render correctly?

I'm not able to replicate the issue:

[MATH]x^2+y^2=r^2[/MATH]
[MATH]\dfrac{1}{5} + \left \{\dfrac{1}{7} \times \left ( 1 - \dfrac{1}{5} \right ) \right \} [/MATH]
This was not rendering in the Arithmetic forum. I'll try again.

I had an issue last night, also. I had used LaTeX to insert an arrow, and I wanted it to appear larger. I highlighted the entire code (including tags) and increased the size. The arrow looked nice and big in preview, but it wouldn't post that way. I made a few attempts at altering the size, but no success upon posting.

Now, I just checked that post, and I see that the same size code on LaTeX which failed last night is rendering properly this morning.

Ted had logged in and out a few times, yesterday. He may be fiddling with stuff.

?

Ted had logged in and out a few times, yesterday. He may be fiddling with stuff.

?

Wasn't me..........
There's really nothing complex about the LaTeX handling on this site, and it's essentially the same as the old site. It's just taking your raw input between TEX or MATH bbcodes and sending it over to MathJax to render. I would like to resolve the problem but it seems very intermittent and non-deterministic?

Wasn't me..........
There's really nothing complex about the LaTeX handling on this site, and it's essentially the same as the old site. It's just taking your raw input between TEX or MATH bbcodes and sending it over to MathJax to render. I would like to resolve the problem but it seems very intermittent and non-deterministic?

This only instance of the markup not rendering that I've seen and was able to fix was caused by an embedded strikeout BBCode in the markup.

If anyone has LaTeX that doesn't render correctly, please post it in this thread, and I will take a look at it to try to diagnose the issue.