New math help site

firemath

I have started a new math help site. It is still in the crummy stages of development, but I would love it if you became a part of it!
If you don't have time, I understand.
The website address is c2004simmons.wixsite.com/mathassistance.

Respectfully yours,
firemath

The central question will be, why is your site needed? In particular, what will distinguish it from others, and how do you plan to accomplish those goals?

The central question will be, why is your site needed? In particular, what will distinguish it from others, and how do you plan to accomplish those goals?

I'm just seeing if you wanted to check it out. It's nothing special.......

I'm just seeing if you wanted to check it out. It's nothing special.......
I hope you don't think I was putting down your site, or challenging you, or even expecting something more than it is. But the site as it is doesn't show all that it is intended to be, so I hoped you'd have more to say about it.

The questions I asked are important in starting up a new venture: You need to know what your goals are, and how you hope to meet them. Answering those questions can help in making it a reality (and keeping it from fizzling). If there are things you think could be improved over other similar sites, then focusing on those things can help in planning how to do things differently. What would attract the kind of people you want? What would prevent bad behavior or encourage the good? What would help people ask the best possible questions, or give the best possible answers? In planning my own site, for example, my goal was to continue something that had been good, and fix a couple minor flaws; I also had to consider whether other sites met the needs I wanted to meet, making it unnecessary. (None do, but FMH seems to come closest, which is why I'm here too.)

Of course, those questions also could lead you to conclude that helping to improve an existing site would be more productive, or otherwise change your mind. But that's not the intent.

I hope you don't think I was putting down your site, or challenging you, or even expecting something more than it is. But the site as it is doesn't show all that it is intended to be, so I hoped you'd have more to say about it.

The questions I asked are important in starting up a new venture: You need to know what your goals are, and how you hope to meet them. Answering those questions can help in making it a reality (and keeping it from fizzling). If there are things you think could be improved over other similar sites, then focusing on those things can help in planning how to do things differently. What would attract the kind of people you want? What would prevent bad behavior or encourage the good? What would help people ask the best possible questions, or give the best possible answers? In planning my own site, for example, my goal was to continue something that had been good, and fix a couple minor flaws; I also had to consider whether other sites met the needs I wanted to meet, making it unnecessary. (None do, but FMH seems to come closest, which is why I'm here too.)

Of course, those questions also could lead you to conclude that helping to improve an existing site would be more productive, or otherwise change your mind. But that's not the intent.
The site is better than it was...... :) . But I do see your point. Thank you for the constructive criticism. Take a look at it now. I have changed the format of the website. It's less hokey.

In case anyone else wants to check it out, here's a clickable link to the forum:

It has been my experience that the math help niche has long since been saturated. However, I wish you the best of luck. :)

The site is better than it was...... :) . But I do see your point. Thank you for the constructive criticism. Take a look at it now. I have changed the format of the website. It's less hokey.
I've made no criticisms at all. I just asked questions about your goals.

And I don't expect to see how useful a site is until it has been used for a while. What it looks like isn't the issue.

why so much photography stuff on the Geometry forum?

Is it a math help site or a site of stuff that firemath enjoys?

That is correct.

I visited your site. There is a forum for algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus. Tell me, can you answer questions in any of those forums? Are you expecting math tutors from here to join your site for the purpose of answering questions?

I have started a new math help site. It is still in the crummy stages of development, but I would love it if you became a part of it!
If you don't have time, I understand.
The website address is c2004simmons.wixsite.com/mathassistance.

Respectfully yours,
firemath

What is the main reason for creating another math site in the midst of hundreds of online math sites? In what way is your site different than the rest?

I can't get past the home page so I have nothing constructive to say as yet.

I visited your site. There is a forum for algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus. Tell me, can you answer questions in any of those forums? Are you expecting math tutors from here to join your site for the purpose of answering questions?

No need to get angry so fast, harpazo. But no, I am not trying to steal tutors from this site. I am trying to get constructive criticism.
Thanks!

I can't get past the home page so I have nothing constructive to say as yet.

Will the site just not let you click on another page?

No need to get angry so fast, harpazo. But no, I am not trying to steal tutors from this site. I am trying to get constructive criticism.
Thanks!

NOT ANGRY AT ALL. I JUST WANT TO KNOW YOUR REASON FOR THE WEBSITE.

Will the site just not let you click on another page?

Ok. Good. Just making sure.

I want the site to be faster than most at answering questions, and possibly be easier to use. I see a lot of people on the sites that I am on that are confused about the interface.

Ok. Good. Just making sure.

I want the site to be faster than most at answering questions, and possibly be easier to use. I see a lot of people on the sites that I am on that are confused about the interface.

1. Faster than most at answering questions is what yahoo answers is all about.

2. Define easier to use. Nothing easier than math video clips. Most people go to you tube for video lessons.

1. Yahoo answers is not devoted to math. And if I'm not mistaken, some of those sites have a bad reputation for giving wrong answers.

2. Ease of use: User friendly interface. On youtube you cannot ask questions that are from your own work.

Sincerely,
-firemath