New math help site

1. Yahoo answers is not devoted to math. And if I'm not mistaken, some of those sites have a bad reputation for giving wrong answers.

2. Ease of use: User friendly interface. On youtube you cannot ask questions that are from your own work.

Sincerely,
-firemath

Sorry but I must disagree here. For the most part, yahoo answers has a great mathematics forums. Answers are posted within minutes. You tube video lessons is like learning in a classroom.

Here is the trick: 1. You must take notes. 2. You can watch the video lesson many times over. 3. There is more than one way to answer a particular math question. If one tutor makes no sense, search for another and another and another. Wish I had you tube back in my college days. My grades would have been so much better.

Sorry but I must disagree here. For the most part, yahoo answers has a great mathematics forums. Answers are posted within minutes. You tube video lessons is like learning in a classroom.

Here is the trick: 1. You must take notes. 2. You can watch the video lesson many times over. 3. There is more than one way to answer a particular math question. If one tutor makes no sense, search for another and another and another. Wish I had you tube back in my college days. My grades would have been so much better.
That is true. But some learn better through online tutoring.

<snip..>You must take notes. <snip..>

This is actually correct. There is some sort of connect between the actual physical process of writing things down and learning them.
This is why you are expected to take notes in college classes (or at least were, I don't know how it is now).
Sure you could be given handouts but the value was in actually writing things down yourself.

I rarely consulted my notes during college. For me the proof was in can you work the problems or not and I'd usually just launch into them
referring back to the text when I needed to. Nevertheless, there was value in the taking of them.

A professor of mine says that math is doing, not listening.

What do you think I mean, bro?

1. Watch video lessons.

2. Take notes while watching lessons.

3. Search for similar questions in your textbook to answer. The more the better, IF YOU HAVE AMPLE TIME.

4. Watch different tutors and LEARN different methods for solving problems.

5. Share his you tube channel with others.

Wait...but why would I do these lessons? Of course I'll watch them and compute a few problems. I feel like I am missing something here.

OK I got through to the math pages, but there was no math on them.

This is actually correct. There is some sort of connect between the actual physical process of writing things down and learning them.
This is why you are expected to take notes in college classes (or at least were, I don't know how it is now).
Sure you could be given handouts but the value was in actually writing things down yourself.

I rarely consulted my notes during college. For me the proof was in can you work the problems or not and I'd usually just launch into them
referring back to the text when I needed to. Nevertheless, there was value in the taking of them.
I never took notes in either college or graduate school. I found it detracted greatly from hearing what was being said.

I never took notes in either college or graduate school. I found it detracted greatly from hearing what was being said.

I was the same way at the university level. I got more from the lectures if I went over the material to be covered the night before, and then just listened and watched.

Wait...but why would I do these lessons? Of course I'll watch them and compute a few problems. I feel like I am missing something here.

I do not know your level of math, sir. This is why I suggested to watch Leonard.

I was the same way at the university level. I got more from the lectures if I went over the material to be covered the night before, and then just listened and watched.

Back in my college days, I prepared for a test at least 4 days before and simply reviewed all material one last time the night before. Getting a good night sleep is very important. I was not an A student but managed to get an A here and there. I was mostly a B minus to a B plus student. Of course, this is a miracle in itself considering that I am a product of the hellish NYC public school system where wrong is right and right is wrong.

Back in my college days, I prepared for a test at least 4 days before and simply reviewed all material one last time the night before. Getting a good night sleep is very important.
"Back in my college days, I prepared for a test at least 4 days before and simply reviewed all material one last time the night before. Getting a good night sleep is very important" - excellent advice for any type of test.

Although I did not follow it during my college days - I had every intention of following it......