Scoring an open ended point system

Jasedh

Hello all,
I am not really sure where this question goes. I am part of a promotional process and it has a very odd scoring system. You get points based on years of experience so the point system technically does not have a "max total points". How would you covert these scores to a 100 point system? Would the person with the highest points just set the bar (meaning their points would then be the "max points allowed"????

Hello Jasedh ,there are so many possibilities to answer your problem it depends on you and how you wanna do it. ( No one can work for a company more than 60 years so you can take it as your maximum but also reward those who work 30+ so they'll get more points .. there's a lot of options / restrictions as you see so it's up to you ( Surely there's best way but I don't see it yet)

Hello all,
I am not really sure where this question goes. I am part of a promotional process and it has a very odd scoring system. You get points based on years of experience so the point system technically does not have a "max total points". How would you covert these scores to a 100 point system? Would the person with the highest points just set the bar (meaning their points would then be the "max points allowed"????
You could use a function like this: [MATH]S(Y) = 100\left(1-10^{-\frac{Y}{30}}\right)[/MATH], where Y is the years of experience and S is the score. I designed this so that S(0) = 0, and S(30) = 90, so that 30 years gives you 90% of the score, but it keeps rising from there toward 100:
1605909492050.png
You could replace the 30 with another number if you prefer.