The equation of line A is given by 2y − x = 6. 2 y minus x equals 6 Select the equation that could represent line B

i'm working on it.
Now, put the given equation for line A in the form y=mx+b :
[math]2y-x=6[/math][math]2y-x+x=x+6[/math][math]2y=x+6[/math][math]2y/2= (x+6)/2[/math][math]y=2x+3[/math]
the equation given has been converted to slope-intercept form.

[math]2y-x=6[/math][math]2y-x+x=x+6[/math][math]2y=x+6[/math][math]2y/2= (x+6)/2[/math][math]y=2x+3[/math]-Incorrect

Not quite. Check your math again.

[math]2y-x=6[/math][math]2y-x+x=x+6[/math][math]2y=x+6[/math][math]2y/2= (x+6)/2[/math][math]y=2x+3[/math]
last line is incorrect.

following BBB I should equate this result to choices 1 and 3

so, choice 1 is [math]y=-x+3[/math]
[math]1/2x +3 = -x +3[/math]
Is that BBB what you mean by equating the equation in slope-intercept form with choice 1.

Last edited:
This is in answer to BBB's request to equate my equation in slope intercept form to choice 1 and 3 and solve for x
Choice 1
[math]1/2x+3=-x+3[/math][math]1/2x+3+x=-x+x+3[/math][math]3/2x+3=3[/math][math]3/2x+3-3=3-3[/math][math]3/2x=0[/math][math](2/3)(3/2x)=2/3(0)[/math][math]x=0[/math]
Now with choice 3
[math]1/2x+3=-2x+7[/math][math]1/2x+3+2x=-2x+2x+7[/math][math]5/2x+3=7[/math][math]5/2x+3-3=7-3[/math][math]5/2x=4[/math][math](2/5)(5/2x)=2/5(4)[/math][math]x=8/5[/math]
[math]x= 0[/math][math]x=8/5[/math]
Sorry for the delay. I can't access the site from my home computer since Saturday.
Gotta to work from my cell at home.

What does these values of 'x' mean?

What was the purpose of calculating these?
The values if x is the value of the slope in both equations.
The purpose?
To prove that these two equations have a negative slope and hence a downward movement.