• Welcome! The new FreeMathHelp.com forum is live. We've moved from VB4 to Xenforo 2.1 as our underlying software. Hopefully you find the upgrade to be a positive change. Please feel free to reach out as issues arise -- things will be a little different, and minor issues will no doubt crop up.

Tonight's Events

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we had a major incident tonight. Someone was able to hack into the forum software and post some rather obscene messages before taking the whole system down. I have upgraded the software to prevent this from happening again, and have restored from the most recent backup I had.

Earlier I posted that this seemed to be unrecoverable, but I have managed to spend most of the night updating from a backup I didn't know I had. Basically we lost everything from March 1 onwards, but fortunately most usernames and preferences have been recovered.

I can assure you that I am taking this matter very seriously and I am working hard to prevent this from occurring again. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me personally.

Thanks,
Ted

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm having a lot of trouble with time-outs at the moment. Is the server under attack again? I know a certain poster is cussing everybody out (a complete worked solution wasn't good enough for her) and has decided that I'm going to **** (yes, really). Maybe the problem is coming from that direction...? Because I think I'm mostly having time-out problems when she's here.

Eliz.