Tonight's Events

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we had a major incident tonight. Someone was able to hack into the forum software and post some rather obscene messages before taking the whole system down. I have upgraded the software to prevent this from happening again, and have restored from the most recent backup I had.

Earlier I posted that this seemed to be unrecoverable, but I have managed to spend most of the night updating from a backup I didn't know I had. Basically we lost everything from March 1 onwards, but fortunately most usernames and preferences have been recovered.

I can assure you that I am taking this matter very seriously and I am working hard to prevent this from occurring again. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me personally.

Thanks,
Ted

I'm having a lot of trouble with time-outs at the moment. Is the server under attack again? I know a certain poster is cussing everybody out (a complete worked solution wasn't good enough for her) and has decided that I'm going to **** (yes, really). Maybe the problem is coming from that direction...? Because I think I'm mostly having time-out problems when she's here.

Eliz.