What is a positive negative negative

… a positive [number] minus a negative [number] …
Hi Illvoices. Subtracting a number is the same as "adding the opposite number".

So, if we add the opposite of a negative number, what kind of number are we adding?

?

A "positive negative positive" isn't anything because those are all adjectives and you need a noun!

A "positive negative positive" isn't anything because those are all adjectives and you need a noun!
Oh no! English grammar! This is a Math site and you are contaminating it! (Suddenly I feel so unclean...)

-Dan

The only one that answered my question was a cat. Hows that for offended, I think you people need to make more sense when instructing the students.

Oh and I was dealing with system of equation with elimination from khan academy for those crazy enough to ask.

The only one that answered my question was a cat. Hows that for offended, I think you people need to make more sense when instructing the students.
Maybe the students (that is you) should ask clear questions? Why couldn't you just ask what is a positive number minus a negative number? Why does the title not match your post? What was wrong with Subhotosh Khan's and Otis' response.

The point is if you do not care enough to ask a clear and thought out question then why should we answer your post?

The more I look the more I see that you were given polite responses that answered your question.

Maybe the students (that is you) should ask clear questions? Why couldn't you just ask what is a positive number minus a negative number? Why does the title not match your post? What was wrong with Subhotosh Khan's and Otis' response.

The point is if you do not care enough to ask a clear and thought out question then why should we answer your post?
Old man go to sleep this isn't that complicated I posted the problem clearly enough in my respose.

Old man go to sleep this isn't that complicated I posted the problem clearly enough in my respose.
Your response, spelled response NOT response, only talked about how rude most of us were to you. Now please go away.

Thank you old man Homo that was very observant of you I apologize for the later.

… I think you people need to make more sense when instructing the students.
Fair enough, Illvoices. But not all students think alike, and we can't know when students are confused when they don't mention it.

? In the forum guidelines summary, we ask students to point out parts of replies they find unclear. That gives us an opportunity to explain those parts again, in greater detail or with a specific example.

Cheers

\(\;\)