Xenforo seems to have changed

@Ted: Please see post #2 in this thread. When I typed the message most of the LaTeX was written in sentences but the posted version separated them out as individual lines. Is there a way I can fix this? (I used math tags.)

-Dan

@Ted: Please see post #2 in this thread. When I typed the message most of the LaTeX was written in sentences but the posted version separated them out as individual lines. Is there a way I can fix this? (I used math tags.)

-Dan
Use imath tag instead of math for inline code. Or use one of the other delimiters listed a few posts back. I realize this is all a work in progress... if there are certain delimiters not working as before please don't hesitate to let me know.

How's it working for you now?

I have a weird setup going at the moment where the ` will produce asciimath using mathjax while everything else uses KaTeX. It's probably not ideal but it should work. However -- asciimath will not preview correctly nor will it show immediately after you make a post. You'll have to do a full reload of the page to make it work. But, it's something.
Post #18 now shows all expressions correctly, so that my words about them no longer apply!

And that illustrates my main concern: if rendering is changed, then old pages will not show up correctly. It looks like that aspect of thing is currently taken care of. Preview is a secondary issue, but still quite important.

I'll try it by quoting my previous post:
Not really. Now it does LaTeX, rather than asciimath as it used to. That is, 1/2 sqrt(2) in backquotes should produce `\frac{1}{2} \sqrt{2}`, but now it just makes `1/2 sqrt(2)`.
I see that preview does nothing to the quote. If I type it in anew (but use \ ( ) \ for LaTeX), I have

Not really. Now it does LaTeX, rather than asciimath as it used to. That is, 1/2 sqrt(2) in backquotes should produce [imath]\frac{1}{2} \sqrt{2}[/imath], but now it just makes `1/2 sqrt(2)`.

I see that preview works, but only for the LaTeX. Now I'll post it and see what happens. ... Yes, I see what you mean. Rather disconcerting to have to reload and then get back to the right page to see it. But I don't use asciimath much, and only for convenience (or to show a student that it's easy). If it stays this way, I just won't do that. At least old pages presumably look okay.

Use imath tag instead of math for inline code. Or use one of the other delimiters listed a few posts back. I realize this is all a work in progress... if there are certain delimiters not working as before please don't hesitate to let me know.
It worked. Thank you. I hadn't known about imath tags.

-Dan

Now that I have become familiar with the new software, I like it better than the old. I particularly like that using the f(x) button gives a preview of the rendered LaTeX as you write it.

Thanks Ted

Reactions: Ted
@Ted I've noticed a number of issues. Here's a couple example threads.

Did we lose all the extentions here or have they changed?

The \vec{} command is not rendering correctly here.

?

Can anyone see why the LaTeX in this op is not rendering?

[imath]\;[/imath]

Can anyone see why the LaTeX in this op is not rendering?

[imath]\;[/imath]
Should there not be a right square bracket after the initial URL?

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/...-x-int-1-x-3-1-1-ln-t-dt-x-1-find-f-2.108084/

Apparently not; the link is working.

I've found the issue in the op, now. All the \mbox commands in the database need to be replaced with \text commands. Only Ted can do that.

[imath]\;[/imath]

For some reason, the forum is now replacing double-dollar-sign tags (for inline LaTeX) with block tags (for horizontally-centered display mode).

This [math]\text{LaTeX}[/math] was submitted using inline mode.

:(

Using block mode, I get [math]THIS.[/math]
Using in-line mode, I get [imath]THIS[/imath]

The delimiters are “math” and “imath” respectively, the opening delimiter surrounded by square brackets, and the closing delimiter preceded by a left square bracket and a / and succeeded by a right square bracket.

If you use the f(x) button, it will insert the proper delimiter on its own.

The delimiters are “math” and “imath”
Yes, those are two of the six available tag options, Jeff, but neither of those is the tag I'm talking about.

Ted had posted (in two threads) that the new double-dollar-signs tag invokes inline mode.

Those tags had been working correctly, but now posts in which people used them for inline mode are broken because the forum has begun interpreting $$ as block mode, instead.

It seems like issues with broken LaTeX in the forum are getting worse, not better.

:(