Quadratic word problem

Yes, that is another way to go. It gets you to the same place.

What you have done is correct, but you still have not shown what the answer to the question is?

You are supposed to find t. What is t?

My teacher said that the answer is right too but she said they also have something else in common?
What is "they"?

I am not sure what your teacher is getting at. It probably has to do with what exactly she taught in class, and I can't know that. It is also very frustrating that you never answer my questions.

I’m so sorry, I can’t answer your questions if I don’t know them. I’m trying my best. I’m pretty sure t has to be 6.2 because my teacher taught us to take the opposite signs

I’m so sorry, I can’t answer your questions if I don’t know them. I’m trying my best. I’m pretty sure t has to be 6.2 because my teacher taught us to take the opposite signs
I have asked questions in most of my posts. If you don't know the answers, then say so. They are intended to make sense of what you are doing. If you can't answer them, then we need to go through them.

Yes 6.2 is the correct approximate answer. Why isn't 0?

Oh sorry it’s just my second time using this app and I’m still trying to figure things out. Zero isn’t the correct answer because you can still simplify it?

There are two solutions to the equation, t = 0 and t = 6.2.

You can't simplify zero. It's a number. It's a solution.

What does it mean when t = 0. Why is zero the height at time 0? Why is that solution not relevant to the answer?

My teacher told me if the question ask “how long will the ball travel before it hits the ground” you have to factor the equation and then find the zeros. I factored the equation and found the zeros which is t=0 and t=6.2. The solution on is not relevant to the question because it’s asking for the zeros not the whole equations answer

My teacher told me if the question ask “how long will the ball travel before it hits the ground” you have to factor the equation and then find the zeros. I factored the equation and found the zeros which is t=0 and t=6.2. The solution on is not relevant to the question because it’s asking for the zeros not the whole equations answer
The zeroes are the solutions.