My Journey With Mathematics

After being attacked and threatened to be kicked out of the site yet again, I decided to stay here but only post when truly necessary. Read the big 5 below.

1. Forget the textbook. I will not post textbook problems here again.

2. I will watch Professor Leonard video lessons. Lessons are recorded in the classroom, for the most part, and at the level of students.

3. If I get stuck with something Leonard said on YouTube, I will certainly ask for help here UNLESS I have been kicked out.

4. I must have been crazy to think that going through an entire textbook was going to increase my math skills. I am not going to waste precious time on my days off doing that at all.

5. I will watch Professor Leonard, take notes and then work out the same problems he does in the classroom on my own. Working out the same problems and checking the answer will encourage me not to depend so much on math forums UNLESS I really get stuck.

Over and out!!
You should write this in your diary and not share in the open forum.

Beer inspired song break follows.

Perhaps.

But what the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of

What the world needs now is love, sweet love

No not just for some, but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another mountain

There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb

There are oceans and rivers enough to cross

Enough to last 'til the end of time

No, not just for some, but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another meadow

There are cornfields and wheatfields enough to grow

There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine

Oh listen, Lord, if you want to know

No, not just for some, oh, but just for every, every, everyone
It's ok for you to quote lyrics of songs but not ok for me to quote lyrics of my favorite songs. In what way is that cool?

It is good that you are reading the forum's guidelines. Many posters read these guidelines. My question to you is why are you the only one that posts that you are reading the guidelines? You don't need to tell us everything you do concerning your usage of this forum.
Are you one of the members who reported me to administrators? I have already told you why I joined this forum. I'm the guy who doesn't pay attention or is that a false statement?

The most important part is - follow the guideline.

But remember the guidelines are just that - not complete code of conduct (chiseled on stone). Most importantly if something is not written in the guidelines - does not mean that we (the tutors) cannot complain about it. For example, the guidelines do not say anything about "proselytizing" - however we tutors generally can sniff it out and it will earn the proselytizer a ban.
I will not try converting anyone here to Christianity. I realize this is a math forum where the mere mention of Jesus can start a war.

You should write this in your diary and not share in the open forum.
I have moved on. Have I been bombarding the forum with math questions? Have I been trying to convert anyone here? I simply said that Professor Leonard is the way to go in terms of self-study. If I get stuck (big if), I will request help here hopefully without starting a war.

When/Where did that happen?
I recall quoting lyrics of my favorite songs many years ago here or another similar forum. I was banned for quoting lyrics of songs by Steve Green, Keith Green, Greater Vision, etc. This is a big crime but it's ok for jonah2.0 to do so. It's a nice song but so are my favorite lyrics.

No, you have not been bombarding this forum with math questions. The problem is that you have been bombarding this forum with posts. How can that be? Most of your posts are inappropriate for this forum.

You seem interested in your threads only when people agree with you. Otherwise, you lose interest.

See how you are.

[imath]\;[/imath]
I have not lost interest. I welcome respectful comments from all members.

I recall quoting lyrics of my favorite songs many years ago here or another similar forum. I was banned for quoting lyrics of songs by Steve Green, Keith Green, Greater Vision, etc. This is a big crime but it's ok for jonah2.0 to do so. It's a nice song but so are my favorite lyrics.
Math related? No! Stop posting this nonsense.

No, you have not been bombarding this forum with math questions. The problem is that you have been bombarding this forum with posts. How can that be? Most of your posts are inappropriate for this forum.
After today you will not see me on here much unless I need help with a particular math question.

One of the things you do - that I feel is objectionable is that you treat this forum as a chat-site like face-book or Twitter or such..

You fire-off posts in rapid succession - whose main content has nothing to do with solving mathematical problem (for example responses #5 & #4). I HAVE to read every response and I feel I wasted my time after reading most of your responses.

In this forum we want to solve mathematical problems - for other problems you may choose to call Dr. Phil.

You may want to use the PM mode when you have a need to discuss (poll) topics that does not involve specific mathematical problem-solution.
This will not happen after today. Math and math only moving forward.